Duration of Employment
North (Home based)
Field Operations Manager
The VPS Group are recruiting for a Field Operations Manager, to complete during and post-installation audits and assessments to confirm compliance with relevant security standards, legislation and VPS policies and good practices. The FOM will provide full documented audit records on electronic paperwork and work to a monthly KPI. Provide engineers with technical support where needed. This will help maintain a high standard of workmanship across the engineering department. You will need to travel as part of your role to various sites across the UK.
What to expect:
• To provide line management to the VPS Security Engineers
• To consistently report a documented series of quality, safety, and compliance audits and checks.
• To support the delivery of service in excellence, ensuring quality, productivity and legislative standards are achieved via audits during and post-installation.
• To proactively identify shortfalls/failures to security system configuration and set-up and help seek solutions to minimise the risk of delivery failures
• To continuously identify training and development needs including the provision of appropriate on-site support, training, and/or coaching so that Engineering skills, capabilities and potential may be maximised.
• To provide helpful and technical advice to Engineers and internal departments ensuring the best technical practice is always adopted.
What we are looking for:
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage a fluctuating workload
• Has the ability to build/maintain relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Use of Microsoft Office software
• Understanding of electronic security systems.
• Understanding of Security System Designs
• Knowledge of SSAIB/NSI security codes of practices and standards
• Knowledge and understanding of relevant ISO standards are desirable
• CSCS card or ECS card