The successful applicants will operate within the VPS Monitoring Centre. The main responsibilities will be handling incoming alarms, answering customer queries and offering advice as well as helping to log jobs. At times, you will be the main point of contact for VPS staff and customers from other departments and will make decisions that support the rest of the business. You will be required to take calls and handle alarms to ensure SLAs are achieved.
The Role of Monitoring Centre Operator will be to ensure that all activation’s and calls are handled in a professional manner, and to provide customers with a contact point for VPS Site Security and the wider business.
Allocated working hours and shift patterns may change from time to time in line with business requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the guidance support and direction of a Centre Manager or more senior member of staff, the Monitoring Centre Operator will:
- • Answer calls and alarm activations as required on shift
- • Be the first point of call for customers and engineers.
- • Complete all relevant to the role paperwork and file appropriately.
- • You will be required to be flexible in your approach to work, including any shift changes necessary for the business or training needs. This may include additional weekend work and shift cover.
- • Work efficiently and effectively within a team
- • Log any calls taken and made on the appropriate software
- • Report any work-related issues on the internal systems or to the line manager
- • Clear desk policy to be adhered to
- • Attend training courses / sessions when required
- • Ensure all health and safety and company policies are adhered to
- Conduct yourself in line with company policies
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- • Good listening skills and an interest developing your knowledge of security services, products
- • Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent telephone manner
- • Target focused
- • Able to cope with varying pressures
- • Well organised
- • Enthusiastic team player
- Working knowledge of systems
- Knowledge of the principle of good customer service
- Computer literate, possession of basic computer skills
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Proficient in using Internet
- Experience working within a Remote Video Response Centre
- Experience working with CCTV software
- Experience working to measurable targets
- Experience and knowledge of basic office procedures
- Take on clearly defined duties as required by Centre Manager or more senior members of the Management team as deemed reasonable enabling the efficient operation of the business