42 Hours per week
Evander are one of the UK’s leading companies providing glazing and lock services, operating in the Insurance, Facilities Management and Noise Abatement sectors. We are a growing business with an exciting vision for the future and looking for dynamic and ambitious individuals to help achieve our goals.
Role Purpose: To Support the Regional Manager in ensuring the field engineering teams provide a quality customer service and delivery through coaching, auditing and effective leadership. Ensuring that performance is achieved and maintained in relation to budget, service and legislative standards whist actively demonstrating and promoting the Evander values and working to Health and Safety policy and guidelines.
What to Expect:
- To lead the day to day delivery of service excellence within the field engineering team, ensuring quality, productivity and legislative standards are achieved.
- To proactively identify shortfalls to targets and seek solutions to minimise the risk of delivery failures.
- To promote and support a professional local advisory and customer service excellence culture within the existing customer base.
- To continuously identify training and development needs including the provision of appropriate on-site support, training and / or coaching so that Engineer skills, capabilities and potential may be maximised.
- To take responsibility for and prioritise escalations, complaints and expressions of dissatisfaction to resolve in a timely and professional manner and within specified and agreed parameters.
- To provide helpful technical advice to Engineers, customers and internal departments ensuring the best technical practice is adopted at all times.
- To ensure compliance and timely delivery of Health & Safety, financial and operational requirements in line with best practice, policy, procedures and legislative requirements.
- To consistently report a series of quality, safety and compliance audits providing documented feedback.
- To ensure appropriately skilled resources are recruited, retained and developed in accordance with best practice, policy and procedures.
- To assist the Regional Manager to proactively and consistently implement company strategies to improve recruitment, retention, morale and performance to include meeting regularly with individual direct reports to review performance and priorities, delivery plans, personnel concerns, coaching and training needs.
- Making sure safety precautions are followed by all staff including updating safety kits in case of emergencies during the work.
- To assume responsibility for the management of the fleet vehicles including, but not limited to, ensuring vehicle checks are completed, vehicle service compliance and management/investigation of accidents/incidents and penalties incurred by team members
- To assume responsibility for timesheet, payroll and attendance management for team members
- To take responsibility for recruitment, induction and progression for team members
- To take a share in ownership of P&Ls and performance metrics in line with guidance form the Regional Manager
- To work closely with the Co-ordination Manager and Central Operations to ensure high quality service is delivered to our customers in the most efficient way possible
- Maintain standards of Health & Safety and security in the branch.
What we are looking for:
- Ability to solve problems readily.
- Credible, and comfortable in dealing with customers, clients and staff at all levels.
- Coaching skills; effective at passing on knowledge and skills to others.
- Succession Planning
- Performance Management Skills and Appraisal Skills.
- Experience of working within a customer focused environment.
- Awareness of Health & Safety legislation and Employment Law and the ability to source related information as required.
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop a team
- Valid driving license essential.
- A satisfactory DBS disclosure.
- Effective communicator.
- Ability to negotiate and deal with conflict.
- To be able to challenge existing, and contribute to development and implementation of, processes and systems to enhance performance.
- Self-motivated and able to adapt to different circumstances.
- Personable, approachable and helpful.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Results oriented.
- Ability to manage working in a pressured environment.
- Works effectively with others to achieve team goals; freely contributes ideas and expresses opinions; helps and supports others.
- Understands and seeks to meet the expectations of internal colleagues and external customers.
- Takes an innovative and flexible approach to work situations; willing and able to adjust to changing demands; receptive to new ideas
- Experience in similar role within UK Voids sector or Windows, Glazing & Locks sector.
Valuing Diversity and Inclusion, we aim to create a workforce that is representative of society where colleagues can be themselves, knowing that embracing differences enhances Evander’s operational capabilities and also helps to create a Great Place To Work. We are proud to celebrate diversity where individuals are accepted for who they are, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion or ability.
*By applying for this role, you are consenting for RSD Recruitment to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict the holding or processing of your data please contact us at and we will respond to your query within 48 working hours.*