Regional Sales Manager
VPS are a security solutions company within the vacant property, site security, and traffic management markets. The Head office, based in Manchester, has its own in-house Innovation Centre, and a world-class video monitoring station that supports both the UK and European operations across the whole Group.
The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for the identification and development of new business within the commercial market in your allocated region. To prospect key market sectors – identifying, locating, developing and negotiating and finally closing relationships to deliver a long term profitable business.
The role will require a strong new business, solution selling, proven record of success. Must have a solid track record of closing business and excellent presentation manner.
- Prospect by telephone generating selling opportunities.
- Grow your business through existing sales opportunities, whilst developing new prospects.
- Develop and grow all product lines throughout your region.
- Visit accounts to win business, build on relationships and resolve queries.
- Demonstrate the ability to produce strong professional Security Risk Assessments that attained to the standards of the company.
- Utilise and maximise the capabilities of our CRM system SalesForce.com to manage sales opportunities, quotations and funnel.
- Develop, communicate, and regularly update account plans designed to assist in the achievement of sales targets and to inform future sales forecasting activities.
- Liaise with line management and colleagues at all levels throughout the business, effectively and professionally at all times.
- Ability to solve problems and the acumen when to escalate, to line manager, for consultation.
- Lead by example ensuring activity levels are maintained and time management is maximised.
- Produce a monthly bulletin and other strategic reports to the requirement of the business.
- Provide full solutions to match customer needs.
What we are looking for:
- Strong new business, solution selling, proven record of success.
- Solid track record in sales and closing businesses.
- Excellent communication skills are essential both orally and written.
- Able to communicate at all levels both face to face and over the telephone.
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, Microsoft and Salesforce packages
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage a fluctuating workload
- Good problem solving skills and able to use your own initiative
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to present self in a professional manner when dealing with the customers and clients of the business
- Resilient under pressure
- Strong service ethos
- Flexible attitude to work
- Attention to detail & analytical
- Ambition & Motivated
*By applying for this role, you are consenting for RSD Recruitment to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict the holding or processing of your data please contact us at and we will respond to your query within 48 working hours.*