Evander are one of the UK’s leading companies providing glazing and lock services, operating in the Insurance, Facilities Management and Noise Abatement sectors. We are a growing business with an exciting vision for the future and looking for dynamic and ambitious individuals to help achieve our goals.
We are looking for experienced Response Technicians, who will be responsible for establishing a positive customer relationship whilst undertaking all assigned reactive emergency work to secure properties and carry out simple site surveys - accurately assessing damage and specifying and completing documentation in respect of repair, replacement or repudiation.
What to Expect:
- To ensure all information is accurately captured on PDA and all PDA steps are fully complied with
- To ensure a safety risk assessment is undertaken and recorded appropriately and complete a method statement if work is needed to carry out on survey
- To ensure all paperwork, time sheets, activity sheets are handed in to depot in a timely manner
- Validate claim is consistent with damage
- Repudiate if necessary and ensure notification to appropriate administrative teams
- To ensure that appropriate photograph(s) are taken of all damage and or all areas of work to be undertaken
- To discuss customer requirements and options with the customer before proceeding e.g. betterment (simple survey only)
- To ensure the vehicle allocated is kept in a clean and tidy condition and all log on/off procedures are adhered to
- To ensure vehicle checks are complete on a weekly basis on fleet app
- To work in a safe manner at all times taking into consideration of colleagues, customers and the general public and following all company direction in terms of health and safety updates and toolbox talks.
- To report all near misses and accidents through SHE app each and everytime
- To use and keep up to date your individual MyHR details and administer any requests and advise of any issues immediately
- To ensure all van stock is up to date without any shortages and report any short fall has a matter of urgency
- To ensure that the company excess collection policy in force is adhered to
- Call the appropriate Hub after completion to arrange work schedule/next visit date as appropriate
- To create a favourable and professional image in respect of VPS Property services to customers, insurance companies, colleagues and the public in general at all times
- To be flexible responding to the needs of the business
- To ensure that information security policies and procedures are adhered to as defined in VPS Property services Information Security Management System (ISMS), and that all information security incidents are reported promptly.
What we are looking for:
- Simple Surveying experience gained within the Glazing environment / Locksmith environments;
- Ability to demonstrate basic product knowledge.
- Relevant trade qualifications desirable i.e. master locksmith
- Experience within a defined trade Glazing/Locksmith/Window fitter
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance
- Reliable, tolerable and determined;
- Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator as well as being an empathic communicator - able to see things from the other person's point of view.
- Well presented and businesslike
- Must have a proactive style and be effective working both as a team member and on own initiative
- Must be able to demonstrate sound judgment when making decisions.
*By applying for this role, you are consenting for RSD Recruitment to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict the holding or processing of your data please contact us at and we will respond to your query within 48 working hours.*