Evander are one of the UK’s leading companies providing glazing and lock services, operating in the Insurance, Facilities Management and Noise Abatement sectors. We are a growing business with an exciting vision for the future and looking for dynamic and ambitious individuals to help achieve our goals.
As a Surveyor, you will be responsible for meeting with customers on site, explaining our role, gaining full understanding of the client requirements and recommending suitable solutions to mitigate risks following initial site survey and subsequent discussions.
What to expect:
- To meet where possible with Customers on site, explain the role of Evander Glazing and Locks, the process to be followed and the Service Standards to be met.
- To ensure a safety risk assessment is undertaken and recorded on appropriate documentation, and complete method statement if work is needed to carry out on survey.
- To examine areas of damage and accurately measure and specify work and all parts required completing as necessary appropriate documentation.
- To validate the claim is consistent with the damage.Repudiate if necessary completing repudiation in full, and completing a full survey and report to back up your decision and notify claim owner of decision
- To ensure that appropriate photograph(s) are taken of all damage.
- To discuss customer requirements and options with the customer before proceeding e.g. betterment.
- To ensure that the policy excess is collected prior to booking work.
- Telephone the call centre after each survey completed to arrange work schedule / next visit date if possible.
- To create a favourable and professional image in respect of VPS property services to customers, insurance companies, colleagues and the public in general, at all times. To ensure vehicle checks are complete on a weekly basis on fleet app
- To work in a safe manner at all times taking into consideration of colleagues, customers and the general public and following all company direction in terms of health and safety updates and toolbox talks.
- To report all near misses and accidents through SHE app each and every time
- To use and keep up to date your individual MyHR details and administer any requests and advise of any issues immediately
- To ensure all van stock is up to date without any shortages and report any Shortages at earliest opportunity
- To assist in training service engineers in survey skills.
- To ensure that information security policies and procedures are adhered to as defined in Evander’s Information Security Management System (ISMS), and that all information security incidents are reported promptly.
What we are looking for:
- Surveying experience gained within the Glazing environment
- Able to demonstrate excellent product knowledge
- Minimum of 2 years experience in similar role
- NVQ level 3 in fenestration/MTC card with surveying skills
- Self-driven, results-oriented and a natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined.
- Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator as well as being an empathic communicator - able to see things from the other person's point of view.
- Well presented and businesslike.
- Must have a proactive style and be effective working both as a team member and on own initiative and be able to demonstrate sound judgment when making decisions.
- Must be a problem solver and a point of knowledge
*By applying for this role, you are consenting for RSD Recruitment to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict the holding or processing of your data please contact us at and we will respond to your query within 48 working hours.*