Role Title: Lead Installation Engineer
Business Unit/Department: Sustainable
Location: Watford Depot (Heathrow contract)
Reports to: Field Operations Manager
Date: April 2023
This is an exciting new role for a Lead Installer of UPVC & Aluminium Window, Door and secondary window products in the Sustainable sector. You will be the lead installer responsible for each installation, ensuring it is installed to the highest standard and completed Right First Time. You will demonstrate excellent technical knowledge and customer skills and must be able to survey jobs that you will install as part of the role. You will be provided a company fuel card, van, access equipment, consumables and uniform. You will be expected to provide your own tools.
Evander Vision & Mission
We believe that where you live and work should always be safe, secure and sustainable.
Love our Customers. Create a Great Place to Work. Grow our Business.
Key Accountabilities & Activities
- To plan and execute domestic installations from start to finish
- Take pride in your own work and always support the companies brand image
- To always ensure a high standard of workmanship
- To overcome installation issues to resolution
- To manage and take responsibility of installation team member(s), including recruitment when required
- To manage van stock materials in an economical manner
- To capture and record accurate survey information required to order products for manufacture
- To accurately quantify all materials required to complete installations
- To work as part of a wider team with office and field staff
- To support the wider business where required on glazing, window and door works
- To manage and fulfil all workmanship and product related issues on installations
- To demonstrate excellent customer skills for complaint resolution and payment processes
- To maintain own admin and compliance duties within company timelines
- To ensure maintenance of FCA & PRA compliance
- To work to internal Service Level Agreements and Team targets
- To keep in line with the companies Right First Time and Continuous Improvement initiatives
- To always comply with Health & Safety requirements
Experience and Personal Attributes
- Minimum of 2-year’s experience as a Lead Installer in the domestic Home Improvements sector
- Significant experience in the removal and installation of casement windows, Vertical sash windows, composite doors, bifold doors, UPVC & aluminium single and double doors, patio doors and secondary glazing
- Significant experience in the removal and installation of structural bay windows
- Significant experience in the survey of window and door products
- A detailed up to date knowledge of UPVC & Aluminium market offerings
- Ability to apply wet trade finishes for making good purposes (Plastering, rendering, pebble dashing)
- Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator
- Must be able to demonstrate good negotiation skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative and prioritise your own workload
- Team player
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance
- Reliable, polite, tolerable, and determined
- Full UK/EU driving licence
- NVQ level 2 or higher in fenestration installation or valid MTC card
- Previous experience of a large national installation company (Anglian, Everest, First Home improvements, SafeStyle etc.)
- Conservatory installation/surveying experience
- Ability to complete small building works (brickwork knock out, small courses of brickwork, base works, lintels)
- Ability to perform UPVC repairs
- NVQ level 3 in fenestration surveying
Other important things:
- Act as an ambassador for our brand values, actively promoting and applying these values wherever possible.
- Comply with Health & Safety requirements of the Company, keeping ourselves and each other safe at all times.
- Take the time to understand and work within Evander’s policies, procedures, and ways of working.
- Uphold the company’s equal opportunities policy and ensure that any discriminatory practise within the workplace is appropriately challenged.
- Adhere to all aspects of confidentiality and Data Protection in order to comply with the law, observing all policies and guidelines.
- The post holder will be required to undertake such other duties as may be required within the competence of the post. Therefore, the list of duties in this job description should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive.
- A full UK drivers’ licence and the ability to travel nationally where required.
- The flexibility for some overnight stays as and when required.
- Valuing Diversity and Inclusion, we aim to create a workforce that is representative of society where colleagues can be themselves. We know that embracing differences enhances Evander’s operational capabilities and helps to create a Great Place to Work. We are proud to celebrate diversity where individuals are accepted for who they are, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, or ability.